If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook for updates...
http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog

OR follow up on Tumblr, Thank you!!
http://skyrim-protectedknees.tumblr.com/

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day Twenty-Two in Skyrim: Heartless

-I see all three of you bandits, walking about, content doing... bandit things? But you have something I need and you don’t know it yet.

-*thwomp* And *thwomp* you *thwomp* never.... will.

-This isn’t helping, I can kill all the bandits in Skyrim (a mathematically impossible task) and I’m not going to find what I need.

-Where did that little shred of confidence go? What makes me think it’s here?

-Just last week I was a conquering hero, marching toward my goal. But now, I feel like a fraud.

-Is it possible to feel like a fraud in a make believe world? This is craziness, I need to shake this out.

-Oh Punchy, I’m starting to feel like you might be better off at home in Whiterun, away from me, while I sort this out....

-My god, I’m doing it again. A small fracture forms and I isolate myself and now I’m prepared to extend that crazy idea into Skyrim. *sigh* Brilliant.

-Why do this? What is the next step, if I leave Punchy behind? Send poor Meeko home to die alone in an empty cabin? Turn Snuggleface over to his twisted daedra overlord? I know better than to act so foolishly, right?

-Do I wind up alone at the bottom of a dungeon hacking my way through wave after wave of zombies?

-No... no.That is not what I want. Enough of this mindless bandit killing. Let’s check the quest journal... Grelod the Kind, I think it’s time we have a little talk.

-Grelod is a heartless child abuser who was brought to my attention by a kid praying to a pile of bones. Not the most trustworthy reference I’ve ever seen but this might help me get out of this rut.

-Welcome to Riften, any hope that you have will be confiscated upon entering the city.

-Grelod runs an orphanage? Hmmm, maybe this whole thing is a misunderstanding? I mean, orphanages aren’t the happiest of places.

-Of course I’m going to enter the orphanage in stealth mode, I may be merciful but I’m not stupid. In theory.

-”No one wants you! No one will EVER want you! That is WHY you are here!” - Grelod the Kind speaking to a room full of orphans.

-Grelod, would you mind if we had a few words in your office? In private please.

-Ah, thank you. Now that we are behind a door, away from tiny easily scarred eyes I just need to say a few things. Please, sit down.

-If I had run into you last week right now I would be speaking to your assistant, trying to figure out why it is you abuse these kids, maybe I would see if you could be helped and in turn, assure that you would treat these kids better.

-But here we are, with you telling me that you do not fear me and I can respect that *Thwomp*, because you didn’t scare me either.

-I may not be certain of who I am, but I am certain of who you were.

-Easy choices are for suckers and thinking about hard choices is for suckers with too much time on their hands.

-I’m not sure that was the right thing to do, but at the very least I didn’t buckle under the weight of the decision.

-Besides, once the assistant at the orphanage stops screaming I’m sure she will do a fine job looking after these kids.

-After all, she has seen what will happen to her if she doesn’t.

(If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook! Thank you! http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog)

Justice... I think?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, can't wait to see the entries that come after this.

    ReplyDelete