If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook for updates...
http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog

OR follow up on Tumblr, Thank you!!
http://skyrim-protectedknees.tumblr.com/

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Return to Skyrim, Day 5: This Night

-Delphine, look! I brought you an old man! I’ll be honest, I’ve never gotten the hang of gift giving.

-I may poke fun at your pal Esbern but damn it, 90% of the world seems to want him dead and he still managed to reach retirement age.

-Ok Esbern, we have our collective backs to the wall here. Dragons have replaced raccoons as the most common pest in cities and the Thalmor are running amok like the world is coming to an end. Also, the world is coming to an end. Any thoughts?

-Go to Alduin’s Wall? Alduin the World Eater’s wall? That seems like an awfully bold plan for a guy that was just hiding in the sewers and pooping in a bucket for the last decade.

-Fine, we need to swing by the Karthspire first, well, it may not sound like a holiday resort but that does sound somewhat safer than the World Eater’s home.

-Karthspire is all the way on the other side of the map. The journey will be long and difficult. Right, so I’ll meet you guys there then?

-I know, not the most heroic decision I’ve made but I need to sort a few things out before I take my little squad to the end the world.

-Ok listen team, I’ve been thinking something over and... well, Snuggleface, I know this isn’t what you signed up for, so it’s time to take you home.

-Let’s be honest, I’ve been calling you Snuggleface the dog for so long that I’ve completely forgotten you’re actually some kinda demon sidekick named Barbas. I can kid myself all I want, but I’m betting you want to go back to your buddy.

-This... this is surprisingly a difficult decision, but we are about to start our march on what I expect to a truly horrible situation, I don’t want anyone “dragged” along. I mean, this is the right thing to do, yes?

-Onward, to the home of Clavicus Vile.

-Damn it Clavicus! Why is your home always infested  with vampires? I mean, most people are content with bug infestations, but no, not you.

-Clavicus, I have your axe and your dog... I.... I want you to take both of them back...

-So I would get to keep this cursed axe providing I strike Snuggleface, I mean.. Barbas, down with it?

-There are mistakes I have made, but I only make them on my own terms. No deal.

-Before I hand over the axe, Barbas... do you want to stay with us? I mean, right now we can all just turn around and walk away from this place and call it a day. Is this what you really want? I mean, your buddy seems to be something of a terrible bastard.

-Give him the axe and trust you? I... as you wish.

-*I hand the axe over to Clavicus, Barbas reassures me that he will make sure Vile fulfills his part of the bargain and with that he disappears. Moments later he appears as a statue next to Vile in his rightful place.*

-Wait... I’ve... done the right thing? Look, someone, ANYONE needs to reassure me this was the right thing to do because right now.... right now, I’m so afraid I’ve failed.

-A mask? This is the gift I’ve received in exchange for my puppy?

-So, this is it. This is how his chapter of the story ends? He is back home, back with his twisted partner.... but this is what he wanted, so this must have been the right decision.

-Oh the lies I tell myself to make things easier...

-I guess this is it, time to do something I’ve never been any good at. It’s such a simple word but saying it seems to make things so damn final, but then again... it is.

-Goodbye, Snuggleface.

Where his story ends.

 (I always listen to different songs while I write these posts, in fact a few of the titles have references to the songs I was listening to during the writing process. I had a hard time finding something to set the mood for this entry, eventually I found it with "Black Lab - This Night", enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cucFfpsqf8)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment