If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook for updates...
http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog

OR follow up on Tumblr, Thank you!!
http://skyrim-protectedknees.tumblr.com/

Monday, August 6, 2012

Return to Skyrim, Day 4: The Old Man and the Sewer

-Good Ole Riften, the city voted most likely to make people say, “Where is my wallet? It was just here a minute ago...”.

-Look, I killed a dragon for you people! Why is no one impressed?! Where is your undying love and affection!?

-Fine, whatever, if I can’t impress the folks living in the city I’ll try to impress the ones living under it.

-The Ratway... well, I see why they don’t mention this place in the travel brochures.

-Excuse me, Large Burly man? Could you point me toward the.. um...*checks notes* the old man? WHOA! Easy with the axe buddy!

-Personally I’m not offended but, as you notice, Punchy here doesn’t take kindly to your unique brand of hospitality.

-I would ask if you learned your lesson about swinging sharp metal at Nords, but you seem pretty dead at the moment. I’ll just assume you got the point.

-The super scaley female lizard that owned the inn in Riften told me a makeshift inn exists down here somewhere... and yes Punchy, she was scaley, why is this a problem? Are you rolling your eyes at me?

-Do we ALWAYS have to fight like this when we are on vacation?!

-Hey, Barkeep, any idea where the “old man” is? Hey, no need to get all on edge. Actually that reminds me, you may need to hire a new door man, your last one just retired unexpectedly.

-How is it possible that the people that live under Riften are even worse than the ones in it?

-None of you want to help? Fine, you know what? I don’t need this! I’ll find him on my own with my lizard tracking powers... I really don’t know much about the animal kingdom so I’m just going to assume that is a thing lizards can do.

-Geez, who wears such fancy robes to the sewers? Damn it, THALMORS!

-Guess I’m not the only one on a quest to find an old man in the sewers, eh boys? Of course the difference is, I’m going to find him, whereas you are going to spend the rest of your evening prying arrows out of your skulls. *thwomp*

-The Thalmors may be “C” grade goons, but they wear some “A” grade armor. I could use all the funds I get, from selling off their stuff, to put Meeko through puppy college.

15-Well, I may not know who this old man if, but if the Thalmors want him dead he is automatically my newest friend... assuming I find him... and that he is still alive.

-Hmm, not sure if I have found the old man but this heavily locked door is promising.

-Sir? Sir?! Can you please open the door? I’ve traveled a long way to find you...

-*looks over to Punchy for help* I promise we aren’t here to sell you anything, nor are we representatives of any church...

-hmmm... Have I mentioned that I was sent by Delphine?

-There we go! Esbern, you are a hard man to find... how long have you been down here? If you don’t mind me asking, where have you been going to the bathroom?

-Aren’t you a ray of sunshine, listen I’ve heard a large number of prophecies lately and I’m going to be honest, I’m not a fan of any of them.

-Alduin is going to eat everything? I don’t even... how? Like, all at once?

-Wait, I’m not sure if you got the memo, while you were down here, but according to some very crazy guys that live at the top of a very dangerous mountain, I’m the Dragonborn. See! I knew that would brighten your day!

-Listen, we can sort this all out later, for now let’s get you back to Delphine so you can tell her your plan to save the world.... you DO have one of those, right? I mean, not to put any pressure on a man wearing a burlap bag for a shirt but the rest of humanity is sorta counting on you.

Both the most helpful and attractive person in Riften.

No comments:

Post a Comment