If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook for updates...
http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog

OR follow up on Tumblr, Thank you!!
http://skyrim-protectedknees.tumblr.com/

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Return to Skyrim, Day 20: Alduin the World Eater (Part 2 of 2)

-ENOUGH! JOOR ZAH FRUL! FIGHT ME, FACE TO FACE!

-My GOD you’re hideous!

-Normal arrows don’t seem to bother you. But I have these poison vials here that are so potent I’m surprised they don't produce a laughing green gas skull when opened.

-And guess what? I’ve been saving a couple these for a special occasion.

-And by special occassion I mean I’m going to jab them directly into your eye sockets and hope I hit brain!

-AH HA! Hurts doesn’t it?! I’ve got plenty more where that came from…. wait, actually I don’t. DAMN IT!

-Fine, maybe I’m all out of ultra mega-poison, but I’ve got plenty of other vials with little skulls on them!

-Stop trying to fly away! JOOR ZAH FRUL! This ends now!

-Wait, you’re out of Hit points, how are you still alive?! What kind of sorcery is this?! Don’t fly away, I need answers!

-No, no, no! You don’t get to talk trash after I just whipped your exceptionally ugly body! Get back here! DAMN IT!

-Paar, buddy? Can you explain ANY part of what just happened?

-One minute I’m minding my own business looking through the vast expanse of time using an ancient scroll and the next minute I’m fighting the world eater on top of a mountain. If you ask me I’m completely innocent in this situation.

-Well, on the plus side, I know I can defeat him, on the downside, I can’t kill him. At least not yet. I’m missing a pretty big part of the equation.

-I could ask Esbern for help, but he spent most of the last decade hiding underground, pooping in a bucket. I like him, but I’m not sure he exactly has his finger on the pulse of the situation.

-I could ask the Greybeards, but with each passing day I trust them less and less. Watching them try to take control the last time Alduin showed up hasn’t exactly inspired confidence.

-That just leaves me with you, Paarthurnax. You’re scary, you have a questionable past and I’m willing to bet a fair portion of your diet rhymes with the word “heople”. But you know what? You seem to have a knack for honesty. 

-Paar seems to think that once word spreads that I’ve bested Alduin some of his generals/allies might be willing to switch sides. Although I believe him, I’m not sure it’s the best idea.

-I mean, we’re talking about a bunch of guys that attended the seminar entitled “The Complete Destruction of Everything Ever” and then signed up for the monthly newsletter. I’m not sure I want those guys on my side.

-I’m pretty sure I want them dead. Maybe even super dead.

-But Paar is right. I’m going to need help bringing Alduin down and who better to know his weaknesses than the jerks he’s been hanging out with?

-Fine, I’ll go talk to these small time jerks and see if I can convince them to go after the grand master jerk. How could that go wrong?

-Heck, maybe I’ll even get lucky and Alduin will manage to kill a few of them in the process. ‘Two birds one stone’ kinda thing.

-Come on, Punchy. I promise wherever we are going next won’t be on a mountain side infested with dragons.

-Probably.

The End of the World Makes for Strange Allies.

No comments:

Post a Comment