If you have a moment, please "like" us on Facebook for updates...
http://www.facebook.com/HowToProtectYourKneesASkyrimBlog

OR follow up on Tumblr, Thank you!!
http://skyrim-protectedknees.tumblr.com/

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Return to Skyrim, Day 9: The Afterlife and Muffins

-You know what I’m missing in my life? A horse... and a savings account, and a sensible business suit I can wear to job interviews. I think of these three problems the easiest to remedy is the horse one. 

-Good sir, I have come to your humble stable to purchase a horse. I’d like a horse that looks like he has seen the horrors of the world but manages to be amazingly handsome in the face of despair.  


-Sir, I would like a horse version of myself.


-One Thousand gold for a horse? That is rather cheap. Wait, I want to make sure, this is the price for a “complete” horse, yes? We’re not talking about a horse brisket or “build-it-yourself” horse, right?


-Sir, I’ll be completely honest. Besides being able to identify which animals are in fact horses, I don’t know anything about them.


- Ah yes, clearly this here is a fine horse... with all these legs.. and a tail.. and a head. Yep, that’s a horse all right. I’ll take it.


-Okay horse, I don’t know you and you don’t know me but I’m going to get on your back and you’re gonna let me ride you and this will NOT be awkward. I mean, lizards ride horses all the time, I assume.


-This horse needs a name, hmmm, I know! Muffins! Muffins the horse!


-Let’s put this horse to good use and track down a ghost... yet again, another sentence I never thought I would have the need to say.


-Ok, according to Dinya Balu, a lone ghost wanders these plains looking for her lost love. For once I’m going to do the smart thing and emotionally distance myself from this mess.

-Now if I was a ghost looking for another ghost where would I go? Hmm, well according to this here map the answer is, near a lone monument in the middle of an open field.. an open field that was once a battle ground...


-Wait, am I starting to care? No! You listen here me, you are NOT allowed to care about this, at all! ever!


-Excuse me, Ruki? I can’t help but notice you are all glowy and translucent.  I’ve heard you were looking for someone, I thought maybe I could help.


-You... you are looking through the bodies to find your husband? My lady, I.. I don’t know how to tell you this, but I don’t see any bodies here. 


-"How can I not see them?" I don’t think I understand the question. Listen, all I see here is some overgrown grass and a monument to war that occurred hundreds of years ago! Listen to me! There are no bodies here! None at all, what you’re looking for … oh... oh god....


-Now I get it, you... you don’t know you’re dead.


-Damn it, why did my hands just go cold? I’m not caring about this. Okay hands, you better start circulating before I get upset.


-Miss? I don’t see your husband here, maybe I should check his base camp. Maybe he is there, okay?


-Just wait here. Somehow, I don’t think that will be a problem for you Ruki.

-Fenrig? I can’t help but notice you standing out here alone in the middle of nothing looking all transparent... what do you mean “Don’t I see all the men?” Listen, I see where this conversation is going. let’s just cut to the chase. Ruki, she needs to see you.

-"Is there something wrong?" You’d be surprised at how complicated the answer to that question is.
-Just follow me and, well, I don’t know if we can sort this out, but we can try.


-Ruki! I have someone here to see you, but before you turn around you need to promise me you won’t say anything emotionally charged.


-”Fenrig! You’re alive!”, damn it woman! We JUST talked about this!


-”..the battle isn’t until tomorrow.” My god, how long has Fenrig been waiting for a tomorrow that he didn’t realized had already passed?


-”Fenrig, what is happening?!”, actually that is a really good question, are you two floating away?


-So that was it, they needed one another before they could ascend and leave this place and they waited hundreds of years to do just that.


“Ruki, it doesn’t matter, we are together now...”, god damn it! can’t you two just be happy AND non-dramatic?! Jerks.


-Well, another mission accomplished and done with only the slightest amount of caring.


-.... or quite a lot of caring, or something.


Pictured: Dedication


Not sure why, but this was the song I listened to the most while putting this post together. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYeYold6Uys&feature=related, Audiomachine - “The Truth”

No comments:

Post a Comment